‹ Back to search results
company car + attractive benefits package
Optima are recruiting for a permanent Senior Electrical Contract Engineer for Central London projects - ASAP start
Optima Site Solutions are recruiting for an experienced Senior Electrical Contract Engineer on behalf of one of the UK’s finest M&E Service providers.
Our client provides a nationwide service from concept to final installation & maintenance while retaining the friendliness and mutual support and approach of a traditional family firm.
The role is full time and will involve working on a number of exiting and innovative residential and commercial projects in Central London.
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum + car allowance + travel + much more....
Senior Contract Engineer
• Lead client representative for project (estimate values of £0 - £10 million)
• Oversee and manage the lifecycle of the project or section of a project as set out by the line manager
• Directing site team (Site supervisor, sub-contract and suppliers)
• Ensure the clients requirements are being met, and maintain client relationships.
• Ensure daily, weekly and monthly workload commitments are achieved within set timescales
• Ensure the requirements and quality of the installed works are in line with the specification, drawings and client quality standards
• Monitor the progress of the works and issuing frequent reports to the Project Manager or client as required
• Attendance at meetings on behalf of the company either in conjunction with others or individually
• Attending regular internal review meetings as required
• Responsible for all matters affecting the financial stability of the project and issue frequent reports to the Project Manager as required
• Responsible for the procurement of all plant, equipment, subcontractors and labour packages necessary for the works within the allotted spend limits commensurate with this role
• Responsible for the control, coordination and management of all sub-contractors working on behalf of client
• Responsible for ensuring with the Project Manager that all outgoing payments of suppliers and subcontractors are dealt with correctly and in accordance with company procedures
• Responsible for overall Health and Safety Management on projects, including, ensuring all personnel on site are working in accordance with latest guidance on Health & Safety at works act, including having and using the correct PPE
• Responsible for co-ordinating information flow to/from the client
• Provide information to the Project Manager to ensure that all Applications for Payment are compiled correctly in line with company procedures.
• Provide information to the Project Manager to ensure that all Contract Variations are captured and costed correctly in line with company procedures
• Responsible for ensuring the staff working for him/her understand fully their role and fulfil the requirements set out for them
• Begin final account negotiations with Clients and sub-contractors providing all supporting documents for agreement by the Project Manager/Director
• Review value engineering both internally for commercial gain and externally if required
• Assist with the training and mentoring of junior and apprentice engineers when required
• Conduct return to work interviews
• Ensure the Company policies and procedures are adhered to
• Work closely with colleagues in other departments
• To encourage and instigate a good team ethos of working collaboratively
• To communicate in a clear and concise manner
• To delegate tasks by identifying individual’s capabilities
• To provide sufficient encouragement to enhance staff morale and provide motivation.
• To demonstrate good understanding of project financial control
• To confidently negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors.
• To continually look for avenues to improve project margin.
• To manage time and tasks to ensure efficient running of projects and department
• To form, build and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
• To present all correspondence, tenders, drawings in a professional manner
• Problem solving skills
• Electrical Engineering experience
• Project management skills
• Negotiation skills
• Communication skills
• IT Skills (Microsoft Office package, project management software)
• Pre-requisite Electrical Qualifications
• SMSTS certificate
If you are interested in having a chat about this role please get in touch with Mike McWilliam on 07702861585