ICO NUMBER : Z9861145
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE?
This Privacy Notice explains how Optima Site Solutions Ltd looks after your personal data when we provide our services to you and our clients, in accordance with applicable legislation intended to protect your personal data and privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation and related laws. We also explain what your rights are.
2018 will see one of the biggest changes to UK data privacy laws as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is introduced across Europe on 25th May 2018.
GDPR will not change the ways we use your personal information. We have always and will continue to value all data you share with us whilst keeping it secure at all times. Whilst the law may be changing our commitment to looking after your data stays the same.
Where we refer to “Optima” or “we” or “the company”, we mean Optima Site Solutions Ltd.
Optima Site Solutions Ltd is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the company acts as a data controller
It is important that you read this statement together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions, so you are aware of how and why we are using your personal data.
WHAT IS GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation is a new law coming into force across the European Union (EU). It builds upon existing data protection laws in place in the EU, and is designed to give individuals, such as candidates and workers, increased rights and transparency over their personal information by helping them understand how companies, such as Optima Site Solutions Ltd, use their data, for example, for lawful purposes in the provision of recruitment services. The law also gives individuals the ability to exercise their rights such as correcting or accessing their data.
WHAT IMPACT DOES THE CHANGES HAVE ON YOU?
GDPR provides you with more transparency regarding your personal data. It strengthens your rights, giving you improved access to your data and the right to review and, in certain circumstances, edit or delete the information that organisations store about you. In short you have more control over your personal data. You need not do anything as we will keep looking after your data like we always have and if you do want to know more about the data we hold and how we use it, continue reading through our Privacy Notice.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is any information related to a living person (known as a data subject) that can be used directly or indirectly (when combined with other information), to identify the person. It doesn't apply to non-living persons, for example most corporate entities, but may apply to data we process about individuals connected with that corporate
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- contact details such as; name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es);
- identification information such as; date of birth, gender, nationality, residency, national insurance number or other national identity number such as a passport number, driving license, bank or building society account details, occupation, employment status, employer and job title.
We may also collect, store and use the following special or sensitive personal data:
- physical health (medication etc…).
We may also collect and store information concerning criminal proceedings and offences. We must have an additional legal ground to use this type of personal data and this is explained below in ‘How we will use your personal data’.
We may also collect, store and use personal data, where you have provided this to us, in respect of third parties, such as spouses, civil partners or dependants. If you do so you are responsible for and confirm you are entitled to provide us with this information and that you have informed those third parties of our identity and the purposes for which their personal data will be processed. You should draw their attention to this Privacy Notice. We will not use information except for the purpose for which you have provided it.
HOW WE WILL COLLECT YOUR DATA
You may give your personal details to the company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. You may also provide your personal details via email or over the phone with one of our representatives who are authorised to take personal data.
The company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following sections.
We may also receive information from third parties who contact us such as Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customer (HMRC), the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) or police or other government agencies.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and most commonly to provide our services and to comply with our legal requirements.
- to provide our services to you
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Optima Site Solutions Ltd
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Optima Site Solutions Ltd
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and also provide services to you that you have requested, such as payroll companies who we will provide your personal data to including but not limited to; full name, contact details, date of birth and job title. For the purpose to ensure and process payment for hours worked
- we will also use your Personal Information to create anonymous recruitment statistics, from which you cannot be identified
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not we will be unable to provide our services.
On rare occasions we may also use your personal data personal data where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) or where it is needed in public interest, for example for the investigation, detection and prevention of crime.
HOW LONG WE MAY RETAIN YOUR DATA FOR
We may retain your data for a period of 36 months, after which we can delete your data without consent. The 36 month timeframe begins at the moment we have obtained your data whether through direct communication with the company or other means, as described in ‘How We Will Collect Your Data’.
You may be contacted by one of our representatives prior to deletion, informing you that we still hold your data. If you wish to continue using our service, we will continue to process your data in accordance’s with our legal requirement for another period of 36 months.
In the case where we have placed you into a job, we are legally required to retain your personal data for up to 6 years after your last employment. As your record may contain information on our clients or financial information, these details will need to be kept, for example, for the satisfaction of any taxation audits from HMRC.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We utilise third parties and share your personal data directly with them to perform functions on our behalf and to provide services to you, such as payroll companies.
Your data is also shared with clients in which we are attempting to place you in employment with.
When legally necessary we would share your data with government agencies, such as; the courts, the police, HMRC, etc…
Third parties who provide the company services such as IT Support or IT Consultancy, will from time to time come in contact with personal data. Purely for the purpose of further developments, system upgrades, testing and security on the hardware or software your data is held on. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Optima Site Solutions Ltd
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
You can ask us to do certain things with your personal data such as provide a copy of it, correct it or even delete it. There may be occasions where we cannot comply with a request and we will tell you if this is the case and give our reasons. This will usually be for legal or regulatory reasons.
- Request access to your personal data – This enables you to confirm whether we process your personal data and to receive a copy of your personal data we are processing and certain information about how we use your personal data.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you – his enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal data – You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where the processing is no longer necessary for the original purpose, or where you withdrew your consent, or the processing is unlawful or our personal data must be erased to comply with law. However in some cases, if we have another legal basis or legitimate interest for processing your personal data, we may not be able to comply. We will tell you if this is the case.
- Request the restriction of processing of personal data – You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data where you think the personal data we hold is inaccurate until we can verify its accuracy, or you believe we no longer need to process your personal data (but you do not want it erased), or you wish processing to be restricted pending confirmation that our processing is based on our overriding legitimate interest.
- Object to processing of your personal data – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are doing so:
- Based on our legitimate interest (for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice) unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds as to why the processing should continue in accordance with data protection laws.
- For direct marketing purposes.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party – In certain circumstances you can ask us to send your personal data to a third party of your choice. For example where it is information which is processed by us by automated means and you have consented to such processing or we need to process the information to perform our contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent – If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the specific processing at any time. This would not affect the validity of the processing prior to such date. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so.
We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
Where you have consented to the company processing your personal data/and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent or be informed of what data we hold on you at any time by contacting email@example.com.
If you request for deletion of your data, please be aware that we may not be required to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for a period of up to six years i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You can make a request by contacting Optima Site Solutions Ltd via a number of ways. However we will always ask you to confirm your request in writing, this is solely to ensure that we and you have a time and data stamped record of your request. Your request will be acted upon within one month of you putting it through.
In most cases we will not charge a fee to action your request. However a reasonable administration fee may be charged if your request is deemed unfounded, excessive, or if further copies of your data is requested.
For security we may need you to confirm specific information on your identity before actioning a request, purely to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR QUERIES ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND THE WAY OPTIMA SITE SOLUTIONS LTD USES YOUR DATA
If you have any enquires in regards to this notice or any of Optima Site Solutions policies or notices you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to :
Optima Site Solutions Ltd
Kingsway Business Park
RIGHT TO COMPLAIN AND WHO TO COMPLAIN TO
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:
Optima Site Solutions Ltd
Kingsway Business Park
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We understand that having the correct measures to ensure your privacy is paramount. All of our data is held in highly-secure data centres and supported by Alchemy Systems Ltd, to ensure the best-possible security for data
CHANGES MADE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will notify you if we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data. You should check our website at www.optimasitesolutions.com periodically to view the most up to date Privacy Notic
Where to find GDPR info/help: